1. This site is maintained by Case Pilots Limited. Data entered via the registration page will be stored by Case Pilots Limited, who are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration number ZA334568. Case Pilots Limited are instructed by Hausfeld & Co. LLP and Eskariam Advisors S.L. We take a proactive approach to user privacy and to ensure the necessary steps are taken to comply with all national laws and best practice requirements for user privacy.
3. When you register your interest, you will be asked to provide personal information (such as your name, email address and telephone number). All information you provide to us is stored in the Microsoft Azure UK South environment. It may be necessary to securely transfer this information to third party data processors within the European Economic Area to perform certain functions. We have contracts in place with our data processors and regularly audit them for compliance with national data privacy laws. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. We will take all necessary technical and organisational steps to ensure that the processing of your personal information is performed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”).
4. The information you provide will only be used for the purpose of progressing your potential claim and sending you transactional emails that comply with the GDPR principles of being lawful, fair and transparent – or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary. We will not share any of the information you provide during this process with any third parties for marketing purposes or store any of your information outside of the European Economic Area. We will share your data with the law firm(s) who will be working on your claim and their nominated agents. The information you provide will be held securely by us and/or our data processors whether the information is in electronic or physical format.
5. You understand that Case Pilots Limited will undertake a search with a Credit Reference Agency for the purposes of verifying your identity. To do so the Credit Reference Agency may check the details you supply against any particulars on any database (public or otherwise) to which they have access. They may also use your details in the future to assist other companies for verification purposes. A record of the search will be retained. This check will show as an ‘identity search’ on your credit file – this is not the same as a credit check and has no negative impact on your credit file. If you still have queries regarding the electronic verification process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Any personal information you enter on our site is encrypted by the use of security systems with encryption and firewalls, provided on a secure socket layer (SSL), to protect the confidentiality and integrity of your information from unauthorised access and disclosure.
7. We will use the details you provide to us to contact you. You don’t have to provide all the information that we ask for. The information you provide to us will be shared with Hausfeld & Co LLP and/or Eskariam Advisors S.L and/or any other relevant legal or professional advisors in connection with the claim, as well as the Defendants, their legal advisors, the courts and any other individuals or organisations who become connected with the claim. By completing the website form, you have given consent that we may share your personal information in this manner.
9. Hotjar stores this information on our behalf in a pseudonymised user profile. Hotjar is contractually forbidden to sell any of the data collected on our behalf. For further details, please see the ‘about Hotjar’ section of Hotjar’s support site.
10. We do not collect more information than we need to fulfil our stated purpose and will not retain it for longer than is necessary. We will retain any data we collect from you in relation to this claim for a period of six years after final conclusion of the matter. Under the Data Protection Act 2018, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you. You can read more about these rights at: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/.
11. Case Pilots Limited strives to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
12. This privacy notice was drafted with the intention of being concise and clear. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of Case Pilot Limited’s collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed.
13. Case Pilots Limited tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 2018. You have the right to request that we amend or erase your personal information or restrict processing thereof. If you wish to make a complaint about the way we have processed your personal information, you can contact the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office.
14. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Case Pilots Limited and Hausfeld & Co. LLP and Eskariam Advisors S.L. will take all reasonable care to prevent any unauthorised access to and use of your personal information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of the data transmitted to our site; and transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
15. If you use a link on our website to visit another website, your privacy will not be protected in accordance with this policy. You will need to check that website’s own privacy statement. We make no representation as to the accuracy or any other aspect of information contained in other websites. Although we look to include only quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links. We cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website, despite our best efforts. You should therefore note that you click on external links at your own risk and we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.